Louise Chan is the Associate Director of Nursing (ADoN) for the Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability services (MHAIDS) covering Capital and Coast DHB, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. With a passion for development, Louise aspires to enhance the experiences of nurses.
In this episode, Louise shares how volunteering and charity work shaped her values, she discusses the challenges and opportunities to support nurses in the current context, and she provides suggestions for improving the wellbeing and career development of the workforce.
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or the Career Coffee Chats website.
- Louise talks about her early volunteering experiences in the UK and how this motivated her to advocate for others
- She describes how her role is focussed on developing and growing the capabilities of mental health nurses and other health professionals
- She shares different strategies for supporting the wellbeing of staff
Links and resources:
- Follow Louise on LinkedIn.
- Find out more about nursing in New Zealand – Occupation Outlook
PLUS, Louise shares her recommendations for great food and drink throughout Aotearoa:
Black Betty Cafe – Christchurch
The Auction House Cafe and Bar – Invercargill
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!