Given New Zealand’s return into Lockdown, my thoughts are with job searchers and career explorers during this challenging time. The purpose of this special episode is to feature my friends from the careers industry who will share useful career tips and advice.
My first guest is David Sharples, a Vocational Consultant from Alpha Consultants who shares insights in the current job market, and also gives tips on how to perform well in online interviews. He is followed by Cherie Perrow, a Careers Counsellor from KingsWay School who shares tips for parents and guardians on how to best support young people with their career development needs during lockdown.
- David provides an update on the current job market
- David shares advice on how to best conduct yourself during an online interview
- Cherie shares how parents/guardians can use the gift of ‘time’ to have career conversations with their children
- Cherie shares useful questions that can be used in these conversations
Links and resources:
- Follow David Sharples on LinkedIn.
- Follow Cherie Perrow on LinkedIn.
- Learn about the Career Development Association of New Zealand (CDANZ).
- Find useful career resources on the Careers New Zealand website.
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!