Given New Zealand’s recent return into Lockdown, my thoughts are with job searchers and career explorers during this challenging time. The purpose of this special episode is to feature my friends from the careers industry who will share tips on how to look for work during lockdown, how to best use online platforms for research and networking, and also how to make a great first impression.
My first guest is Victoria Swan, a Redeployment Consultant and Career Transition Specialist from Auckland Council. She will be followed by Deb Crossan, a Career Development Consultant from the Unitec Institute of Technology.
- Victoria shares how the job market in NZ is still buoyant
- Victoria gives tips for networking with employers
- Deb describes how online career events work and how to make the most of those opportunities
- Deb shares best practice etiquette for communicating online
Links and resources:
- Follow Victoria Swan on LinkedIn.
- Follow Deb Crossan on LinkedIn.
- Learn about the Career Development Association of New Zealand (CDANZ).
- Find useful career resources on the Careers New Zealand website.
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!