Check out the latest Career Coffee Chat episode!
Anna Fleming had an upbringing based on service and being hospitable to others, so her curiosity led her to explore pathways in the helping professions. A chance opportunity in social work, allowed her to grow her skills and eventually led her to retrain in psychotherapy. Now fully qualified, Anna practices as a psychotherapist and actively champions Māori mental health and wellbeing. In this episode, Anna shares highlights from her career journey, as well as her new path as a mum to twin boys.
- Anna talks about her early influences and how her dad and grandparents positively shaped her upbringing.
- She explores how her experiences as a social worker and volunteer phone counsellor lead her to retrain as a psychotherapist.
- She shares her passion for Māori mental health and explains why psychotherapy has long-term benefits for supporting Māori.
PLUS, Anna shares her recommendations for great food experiences too.
Links and resources:
- Read Anna’s Master’s Dissertation based on Indigenous Māori perspectives: https://openrepository.aut.ac.nz/handle/10292/10510
- Learn about Waka Oranga
- Follow Anna’s psychotherapy business: https://www.facebook.com/annaflemingpsychotherapy
- Follow Anna on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/annahinehou/
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!