Check out the latest Career Coffee Chat episode!
Lifelong learning is a key feature of Fiona Timoti-Knowles’ career, with early beginnings as a typist and secretary, working across the globe for Foreign Affairs, to transitioning into the education and community sectors and becoming a career development specialist. In this episode, Fiona shares anecdotes from her career and explores her passion for culturally responsive services.
- Fiona shares her early learning challenges as a child, and how this shaped her mindset.
- Anecdotes from Fiona’s overseas work experiences, including postings in China, Iran, Vanuatu and New York.
- Fiona acknowledges the importance of whanau in supporting her career.
- Exploring the importance of having culturally relevant services.
Links and resources:
- Keep in touch with Fiona on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fiona-timoti-knowles-profile/
- Learn about Dress for Success Northland: https://northland.dressforsuccess.org/
- Fiona recommends the the Butter Factory in Whangarei for great coffee and food: https://thebutterfactory.co.nz/
- Check out the Career Coffee Chats website: https://careercoffeechats.com/
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!