Check out the latest Career Coffee Chat episode!
John Dorado has enjoyed a career in the helping professions, with experience as registered nurse, trainer, counsellor and career development consultant. He came to New Zealand from the Phillipines 8 years ago, and fell in love with the lifestyle. In this episode, he provides career guidance and tips to students and migrants, and explores the challenges of culture differences in the Kiwi workplace.
- John talks about the transition from working in the Philippines, to working in New Zealand
- The importance of knowing your ‘why’ and having a strategy when establishing your career in a new country
- Exploring the challenges of cultural differences in the Kiwi workplace
- Tips for leaders on how they can best support and guide diverse talent
Links and resources:
- Keep in touch with John on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johndorado/
- Learn about John’s work at The University of Auckland: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/student-support/career-development-and-employability-services/about-cdes.html
- Check out the Career Coffee Chats website: https://careercoffeechats.com/
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!