Check out the latest Career Coffee Chat episode!
With a long line of chefs and hospitality professionals in her family, it would be accidental and inevitable that Karen Coleman would find herself in this dynamic industry too. Karen spent years crafting her skills as a chef, managing a business, and working overseas. In this episode we explore how Karen’s vast experiences in the hospitality industry, as well as her passion for history, culture and innovation have steered her in the direction of becoming a secondary school teacher.
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or the Career Coffee Chats website.
- Exploring the range of skills Karen developed in the hospitality industry
- Karen’s perspective on food culture in New Zealand
- Talking about successes and challenges that come with a hospitality career
- The journey of transitioning into a new pathway
PLUS, Karen shares her recommendations for great cafe and restaurant experiences.
Links and resources:
- Find out about cheffing careers in New Zealand: Careers NZ website
- Like Career Coffee Chats on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/careercoffeechats
- Check out the Career Coffee Chats website: https://careercoffeechats.com/
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on future career coffee chats.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a rating and a review? Thanks!